St. Petersburg Truck Accident Investigation Attorneys
We Uncover Safety Violations That Lead to Truck Accidents
In the aftermath of a major trucking accident, everyone scrambles to establish liability. The trucking company immediately puts investigators to work searching for evidence that the accident was not its fault. If you or a family member has been seriously hurt in a truck accident, shouldn’t your lawyer be even more thorough in the truck accident investigation?
Reeder & Nussbaum, P.A., is a Florida law firm that handles personal injury cases in St. Petersburg, Tampa, and surrounding areas in Clearwater and Pinellas County. Our attorneys each have a decade of relevant legal experience, and both our partners used work in insurance defense before turning to plaintiffs’ personal injury work. This background gives us insight into how insurance companies defend injury claims based on major accidents like semi-truck crashes. Contact us to learn more about how we handle truck accident investigation.
How We Handle Truck Accident Investigations
While our clients and their families are managing their immediate medical needs after a truck accident, our law firm begins the truck accident investigation. We gather evidence that might show negligence by the truck driver or the trucking company, such as:
- The truck’s so-called “black box,” which provides data about the truck’s movements much like an airplane’s data recorder
- Data from the truck’s electronic on-board recorder (EOBR), if the truck has one installed
- Driving log books
- Traffic camera videotapes
- Mobile device records
- Truck inspection and maintenance records
- Driver training records
- Driving history records
- Gas station and truck stop receipts to corroborate driving logs and hours of service
- Reports from accident reconstruction specialists
As part of our truck accident investigations, we examine whether the truck driver and trucking company complied with all relevant safety regulations from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. These regulations and safety rules cover topics such as:
- Drug and alcohol testing programs
- Drivers’ allowable hours of service (HOS) per day
- Necessary safety equipment
- Texting and mobile phone use while operating a heavy truck
- Brake inspection and maintenance
- Proper techniques for loading trucks and securing loads
- Transportation of hazardous materials
- Certification and training of safety auditors
When our truck accident investigation uncovers violations of federal safety regulations, it helps us make the strongest possible case on behalf of our injured clients.
Contact Our Florida Truck Accident Law Firm
At Reeder & Nussbaum, our attorneys are compassionate and dedicated to pursuing excellence in every legal matter our office handles. If you have questions after a truck accident, for yourself or a family member, schedule a free and private consultation. Call toll free 877-449-ATTY (2889) or contact us online.