PIP Insurance Lawyers Serving St Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota & Nearby Communities
In the realm of car insurance, PIP is short for personal injury protection. It is a form of insurance that is used to pay for most medical expenses and lost wages following a serious accident. In Florida, state law requires that all drivers have at least $10,000 of PIP insurance coverage. Florida is also a “no-fault” state, meaning that if you get into a car accident, you are required to seek compensation from your own insurance company, even if the accident was entirely not your fault.
At the law firm of Reeder & Nussbaum, P.A., we represent those who have been denied coverage under Florida’s PIP insurance system. Firm partners Andy Reeder and Marc Nussbaum are authorities on the subject and focus exclusively on serving the legal needs of seriously injured people.
Whether you are in St Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater, Bradenton, or Sarasota, the PIP lawyers at Reeder & Nussbaum, P.A. can assist you with your claim. Recent changes to Florida’s personal injury protection laws make hiring a lawyer all that more important.
Effective January 1, 2013:
- Auto accident victims will have just 14 days to seek treatment.
- Reimbursement for medical bills and lost wages is capped at $2,500, unless a medical doctor determines that you have an “emergency medical condition.”
- Treatment from massage therapists or acupuncturists is no longer covered.
- Anyone seeking coverage under their PIP insurance policy must submit to an examination under oath (EUO) if requested to do so by their carrier.
- Coverage can be denied for injuries that are not diagnosed during the initial medical exam.
These and other changes to PIP insurance laws in Florida are designed to combat fraud, and lower (or at least stabilize) car insurance premiums.