Questions to Ask When Hiring a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL
Finding a motorcycle accident lawyer in St. Petersburg, FL, who’s a good fit for you probably isn’t going to happen by sheer chance. Assuming you’re looking for one who is experienced and able to give your case the close attention it deserves, you may have to carefully assess the qualifications of many lawyers before being totally comfortable with your ultimate hiring decision. While there are no hard and fast rules for judging the qualifications of a motorcycle accident lawyer, arguably there are some questions that are just so central to the lawyer-client relationship that they should never be left unasked or unanswered. If you think it might help, copy down the following questions so that you have them at the ready when you’re speaking to an accident lawyer over the phone or in person:
- How many years of experience do you have practicing as a lawyer?
- During that time, what have been your most important professional accomplishments?
- What percentage of your practice would you say is dedicated to handling motorcycle accident cases?
- Do you focus primarily or exclusively on personal injury, or do you handle other types of legal matters as well?
- How much money do you charge for your services?
- Do you require a retainer?
- What is the difference between “fees” and “expenses”?
- How do I stay in contact with you?
- Do I have a valid case?
- Are you licensed by The Florida Bar to be an accident lawyer? Has your license ever been suspended or revoked? Do you have clean disciplinary record?
Obtaining answers to these questions will be extremely helpful to you in identifying a motorcycle accident lawyer to hire. For more information, please contact Reeder & Nussbaum, P.A., a personal injury law firm in St. Petersburg, FL.