Prominent Insurance Law Firm in St. Petersburg FL
At the law firm of Reeder & Nussbaum, P.A., we represent those who have been denied coverage under Florida’s insurance system and those whose lawful claim was denied by insurance companies. Firm partners Andy Reeder and Marc Nussbaum are authorities on the subject and focus exclusively on serving the legal needs of seriously injured people.
We provide an insured individual or company the same aggressive defense that we provide all of our clients, and routinely take cases to trial.
We also help claimants and insureds with policy coverage consultations and issue resolution. We evaluate a broad range of issues, including bad faith, hurricane and flood damages, professional liability, property damage, Florida PIP insurance and commercial general liability coverage. Our law firm consistently achieves favorable results for our clients.
Our attorneys: Andrew Reeder and Marc Nussbaum are accomplished legal experts who both worked as insurance attorneys for insurance companies before starting to represent injured people against insurance companies. They have first-hand knowledge of how insurance companies fight against injury claims which gives our clients a superior advantage when we need to build strong claims to overcome insurance cos’ attempts to deny or minimize compensation.
To give you an idea about different areas of the Insurance law, here is a short list of frequent types we’ve been successful with:
- Automobile and trucking accidents
- Bad faith and unfair claim practice litigation
- Construction claims including property loss and catastrophic personal injury
- Hurricane damages and denied claims
- Fire losses involving property damage, loss of life or serious injury
- General liability claims
- Liquor liability claims
- Premises liability claims
- Product liability defense on behalf of manufacturers, product designers, sellers, distributors, and users
Whether you are in St Petersburg, Tampa, Clearwater, Bradenton, or Sarasota, the PIP lawyers at Reeder & Nussbaum, P.A. can assist you with your claim. Recent changes to Florida’s personal injury protection laws make hiring a lawyer all that more important.
Effective January 1, 2013:
- Auto accident victims will have just 14 days to seek treatment.
- Reimbursement for medical bills and lost wages is capped at $2,500, unless a medical doctor determines that you have an “emergency medical condition.”
- Treatment from massage therapists or acupuncturists is no longer covered.
- Anyone seeking coverage under their PIP insurance policy must submit to an examination under oath (EUO) if requested to do so by their carrier.
- Coverage can be denied for injuries that are not diagnosed during the initial medical exam.
These and other changes to Florida insurance laws are designed to combat fraud, and lower (or at least stabilize) insurance premiums.
To learn more, contact us at Reeder & Nussbaum, P.A. today.